All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionTraditionally used in apparel and interior fabrics, woven textiles are increasingly being employed in a variety of technical applications. Woven textiles: Principles, developments and applications provides an essential overview of the manufacture, structure and application of these important textiles. Beginning with an introduction to the fibres and yarns used in weaving, part one goes on to explore key preparatory techniques and the fundamentals of weaving techlogy. The characteristics of woven structures are then discussed in greater depth in part two, alongside investigation into the use of computer assisted design (CAD) systems, techniques for modelling the structure of woven fabrics, and methods for the manufacture of 3D woven structures. Part three focuses of the application of woven textiles to a wide range of techlogies. The use of woven textiles in automotive interiors and other transport applications is discussed, along with woven apparel fabrics, geotextiles, hollow woven fabrics and woven textiles for medical applications. With its distinguished editor and international team of expert contributors, Woven textiles: Principles, developments and applications is an indispensable guide for all designers, engineers and technicians involved in the design, manufacture and use of woven textiles. It also provides a useful overview of woven textile processing and applications for academics and students.
- Author BiographyDr Kim Gandhi is a Fellow of The Textile Institute, the Royal Society of Arts and the Textile Association of India. He has an international reputation for his expertise in weaving technology.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication13/08/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Textiles
- Series Part/Volume Number125
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byKim Gandhi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.