All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout its history, movable elements in books, commonly called pop-ups, have been used to educate, entertain, and inspire both children and adults. Wow, open this! looks at the art and science of moveable elements incorporated into books. Books that delight children with that 'wow' moment, as a scene comes to life in their hands, were first used in scholarly works to help illustrate a vast array of topics such as geometry, architecture, medical and natural science, cryptography, astromy, calendars, time telling, navigation, and cosmography. Primarily used as entertainment today, movable elements and variations of the pop-up book are also used by artists who want to challenge our assumptions about what a book really is by reinterpreting the form and how it functions.
- Author BiographyWith a passion for design in all forms, Kevin Zak runs an independent design practice, teaches exhibition design workshops, and is a sessional instructor at the University of Alberta in Edmonton.
- Author(s)Kevin Zak
- PublisherUniversity of Alberta Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Alberta Press
- Weight200 g
- Width127 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.