About this product
- DescriptionThe must-have guide for the collector of mechanical wristwatches. Complete information--including prices--on over 1,400 models made by more than 130 international brands. The eighteenth edition of what has become a classic for afficionados of fine watchmaking once again looks at the developments in the watch industry. In addition to the A-to-Z section, which features many new entries, industry expert Elizabeth Doerr looks at news from the independent watchmakers. Watchmaker Bill Yao, owner of Mk II watches, contributes his expertise on crowns, and senior editor Marton Radkai explores the business side of the industry, the problem of counterfeiting, and profiles watchmaking's mavericks. Also included are a glossary and a guide to watch maintenance. Wristwatch Annual 2016 presents a broad range of wristwatches with exquisite color photographs and complete specifications for each watch. Collectors have a wealth of information close at hand: the book is arranged alphabetically by producer, and within each producer's section are a brief history of the brand (with contact information), and specifications and materials for each watch, including price, movement, special features, complications, case, dial, band, and variations. The clear photography, structured layout, and lively writing make this book a pleasure to read or just browse. It is conceived as a handy reference for a broad readership from around the world, from the neophyte to the experienced collector.
- Author BiographyPeter Braun is editor-in-chief of Germany's renowned wristwatch magazine, Armbanduhren.
- Author(s)Peter Braun
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1228 g
- Width216 mm
- Height299 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.