All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlso available as a pack (Book, CD and DVD) Paper (978-1-8492-0392-0) GBP58.99 Find out more: here 'Write dance is a unique programme with links across the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. Not only does it help to develop the prerequisite physical skills and co-ordination for writing, it also encourages creativity, self expression and confidence' - Chris Dukes, Early Years Area Senco Praise for the first edition: 'A useful resource to have in any early years setting, providing a wealth of information within a very neat and compact book' - Special 'The Write Dance materials are wonderfully done. After meeting with Ragnhild a few years ago, I have been using many of these principles in my work with children. The methods definitely work and are definitely needed by today's kids' - Delina Robair, Developmental Child Specialist, USA Write Dance is an exciting and invative programme which uses music and movement to introduce handwriting to children. Write Dance movements are designed to help children feel happy and comfortable with their bodies, improving their motor skills and providing a strong foundation for writing. Ranghild A. Oussoren developed the approach in Holland ten years ago and it has gone on to capture the imagination of children and teachers across Europe. In this new edition of Write Dance in the Early Years, practitioners are provided with a package of songs, stories and illustrations, as well as guidance on implementing Write Dance in their early years setting. This book and audio CD introduces the nine themes of the Write Dance approach at the appropriate developmental level for the early years. The programme supports the Be Healthy, Enjoy and Achieve outcome of the Every Child Matters agenda. It also links to the following aspects within the six areas of learning in the Early Years Foundation stage: - Creative Development through imaginative play, music and dance - Physical Development through movement using equipment and materials - Communication, Language and Literacy through handwriting - Personal Social and Emotional Development through increasing self-confidence and self-esteem This programme benefits all children, but has also been found very helpful for children with special education needs, from learning difficulties to dyspraxia.
- Author BiographyRagnhild Oussoren is the creator of Write Dance and gives workshops in different countries. The Write Dance method has been so successful that it is practiced in six languages all around the world.
- Author(s)Ragnhild Oussoren
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLucky Duck Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.