Write Winning Essays and Dissertations: Teach Yourself by Hazel Hutchison (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs this the right book for me? Write Winning Essays and Dissertations is an invaluable guide for anyone who wants to improve their assessed written work. Whether you are in desperate need of help or just want advice on improving your writing style, this book will prove useful throughout your academic career and beyond. It will show you how to plan your work so that your argument is expressed clearly, how to use language to best effect and how to get the most out of your sources. Write Winning Essays and Dissertations includes: Part one - Where do I start? Chapter 1: Before you begin Chapter 2: How markers think Chapter 3: Kw your assignment Chapter 4: Exams and dissertations Chapter 5: Questions and topics Part two - Building your answer Chapter 6: Finding the right material Chapter 7: Planning and structure Chapter 8: Sections and paragraphs Chapter 9: Introductions and conclusions Chapter 10: Presentation Part three - Using language Chapter 11: Academic style Chapter 12: Punctuation matters Chapter 13: Polish up your punctuation Chapter 14: Making sentences make sense Chapter 15: Grammar that works Chapter 16: Spelling Part four - Using sources Chapter 17: Making sources work Chapter 18: Plagiarism Chapter 19: Referencing with author-date system Chapter 20: Referencing with foottes Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features: Not got much time? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. Author insights Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. Test yourself Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. Extend your kwledge Extra online articles to give you a richer understanding of the subject. Five things to remember Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts. Try this Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographyHazel Hutchison is a lecturer in English Literature at the University of Aberdeen. Hazel has vast experience of helping students with their writing, from undergraduate to postgraduate level. For the past five years she has run a series of writing workshops and prior to becoming a lecturer, she worked as as sub-editor for a daily newspaper for four years.
- Author(s)Hazel Hutchison
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication30/07/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleTeach Yourself - General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Note5 line diagrams
- Weight222 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Other
- AU $34.04Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.45
- AU $27.12Trending at AU $28.71
- AU $17.94Trending at AU $27.21
- AU $18.68Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $14.22Trending at AU $25.85
- AU $22.86Trending at AU $25.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.