All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most effective treatments for reducing anxiety include exposure (facing your fears). The Write Your Fears Away workbook teaches you to face fears and anxiety through written expression. By using written expression, you can actively face your fears taking small steps and working up through your worst-case scenarios. Writing is a convenient type of exposure and can be done frequently eugh to help you habituate (reduce anxiety reactions to your triggers). In some cases, this may be sufficient for you to longer fear or avoid circumstances that once made you very uncomfortable.
- Author BiographyDr. Barnhart is a licensed counselor and Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor. He completed his undergraduate work at Birmingham-Southern College and his doctoral work at Peabody College of Vanderbilt University. He has been in the private practice of counseling since 1978. He founded Behavioral Sciences of Alabama, Inc. to offer psychiatric, psychological and counseling services in North Alabama. Behavioral Sciences provides intensive outpatient treatment for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and is one of 35 Institutional Members of the International OCD Foundation in the United States. He is a former Chair of the Alabama Board of Examiners in Counseling. As the ministerial assessment specialist for the North Alabama Conference of the United Methodist Church, he has evaluated over 360 candidates for pastoral ministry. In addition to clinical counseling, Dr. Barnhart consults with profit and nonprofit organizations on personnel selection and team development. He authored a workbook, Write Your Fears Away, especially for clients dealing with stress and anxiety. Dr. Barnhart is an avid cyclist and won the gold medal for his age group in the 2012 Alabama Senior Olympics qualifying to race in the5K and 10K Time Trials nationally. He represented Alabama in his age group at the National Senior Games in Louisville in 2007, Palo Alto in 2009, and Houston in 2011.
- Author(s)David L Barnhart Edd
- Date of Publication11/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.