All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn a world where the opportunity to advance scholarly and scientific kwledge is dependent on the ability to secure sufficient funding, researchers and scholars must write funding proposals that stand out from the competition. The practical advice in this guidebook is designed to aid academics in writing successful applications at all stages of their careers. This book will help grant applicants plan and craft funding proposals that are concise, complete, and impressive-and that satisfy the mandates of the agencies to which they are applying. Applicants will learn how to * Avoid common writing blunders* Understand the central importance of the research budget* Overcome procrastination* Choose and secure professional references* Develop a career path with a view toward funding opportunities* Maintain a winning attitude that will improve the chances of success Write an Effective Funding Application details the all-important preparation stage in drafting a grant application, from identifying sources of funding and securing registration numbers to creating a schedule for meeting the application deadline. It reviews the nuts and bolts of writing and polishing a winning application, stressing the importance of logical thinking and thoughtful presentation. The book includes detailed information on developing budgets, before and after versions of proposals, and descriptions of common pitfalls that everyone can avoid.
- Author BiographyMary W. Walters is an award-winning author and editor who has worked with academics for nearly twenty years. She is the former awards facilitator at the University of Saskatchewan.
- Author(s)Mary W. Walters
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note1, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.