All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeading students step-by-step through the research process required for writing term papers, this guide covers everything from reading for background information and keywords and applying advanced search techniques to evaluating information and developing a thesis statement. In addition, this long-awaited revision has been completely updated to include search and citation techniques for electronic and Internet information. The guide is supported by a rich website with a collaborative planning process for teachers and librarians and links to model lesson plans, links to instructional standards such as NETS and 21st Century Learner, links for students to use in citing sources, and resources specifically for teacher librarians. Designed specifically for high school students, this user-friendly guide maintains the academic rigor demanded by top high schools. Grades 8-12.
- Author BiographyELIZABETH BANKHEAD is a long-time practitioner and advocate for teaching libraries with over 30 years of experience as a school library media specialist at all levels. She has developed nationally recognized library programs including being selected as a recipient of the National School Library Media Program of the Year Award. Betty is an active member of the American Association of School Librarians and is the author and presenter of the first AASL Leadership Institute, Collaborative Leadership. Betty has also served for the past seven years as the Director of Staff Development for the Colorado Power Libraries. JANET NICHOLS is the former Coordinator of Instruction and Information Services at the David Adamany Undergraduate Library, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. Prior to working in higher education, she spent 25 years in K-12 education as an English teacher, reading specialist, and school librarian. DAWN VAUGHN has been a school library media specialist for more than 25 years. She has worked at all levels of libraries in three states and is passionate about the teaching and leadership role of the library media specialist in schools. An active member of the American Association of School Librarians, she served as President from 2004-2005. Dawn is experienced in professional development, presenting at conferences and workshops at the local, state, and national level throughout her career. Most recently, she has been an administrator at a large suburban high school.
- Author(s)Dawn Vaughn,Elizabeth M. Bankhead,Janet Nichols
- Date of Publication17/02/2009
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.