All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happened off the page was often a lot spicier than what was written on it... Why did Norman Mailer stab his second wife at a party? Who was Edith Wharton's secret transatlantic lover? What motivated Anais Nin to become a bigamist? Writers Between the Covers rips the sheets off these and other real-life love stories of the literati--some with fairy tale endings and others that resulted in break-ups, breakdowns, and brawls. Among the writers laid bare are Agatha Christie, who sparked the largest-ever manhunt in England as her marriage fell apart; Arthur Miller, whose jaw-dropping pairing with Marilyn Monroe proved that opposites attract, at least initially; and T.S. Eliot, who slept in a deckchair on his disastrous honeymoon. From the best break-up letters to the stormiest love triangles to the boldest cougars and cradle-robbers, this fun and accessible volume--packed with lists, quizzes and in-depth exposes--reveals literary history's most titillating loves, lusts, and longings.
- Author BiographyShannon McKenna Schmidt and Joni Rendon have worked at Penguin, Random House, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, and Hyperion. Rendon lives in London; Schmidt is a committed peripatetic, currently traveling the U.S. by RV.
- Author(s)Joni Rendon,Shannon McKenna Schmidt
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Weight227 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.