All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe contributions to this volume have been commissioned in hour of Michael Butler, Professor of Modern German Literature at the University of Birmingham, on the occasion of his 65th birthday. Professor Butler has distinguished himself as an editor, interpreter and critic of post war German literature, most particularly in the area of German-Swiss writing. His three mographs on Max Frisch and the edited volumes Rejection and Emancipation. Writing in German-speaking Switzerland 1945-91, The Making of Modern Switzerland 1848-1995, and The Narrative Fiction of Heinrich Boell. Social Conscience and Narrative Achievement, all share the same concern with the moral dimension of imaginative literature, a focus which also unites the contributions to this celebratory volume. Michael Butler's signal contributions to German Studies have earned him a LittD from the University of Cambridge, the Bundesverdienstkreuz of the Federal Republic of Germany and the Presidency from 1995 to 1998 of the Conference of University Teachers of German.
- Author BiographyThe editor: Ronald Speirs is Professor of German at the University of Birmingham, England.
- Author(s)Ronald Speirs
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/11/2000
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note1 ill.
- Weight310 g
- Width220 mm
- Height150 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.