All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat did it mean in the first half of this century to say 'I am English?' A Practical Sourcebook on National Identity is a unique collection of extracts from writing of the era, all of which in some way raise this question. Drawn from a wide range of sources including letters, diaries, journalism, fiction, poems, parliamentary speeches and government reports, the volume is divided into five sections: * The Ideas and Ideals of Englishness * Versions of Rural England * War and National Identity * Culture and Englishness * Domestic and Urban Englands The editors provide an introduction to each section and conclude with suggested study activities and further reading. It also contains a chrology and bibliography, completing the framework for study. A Practical Sourcebook on National Identity is a fascinating collection which will t only be essential and accessible reading for students, but will also appeal to anyone who has ever asked what it means to become part of a national identity.
- Author(s)Judy Giles,Tim Middleton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/1995
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notechronology, bibliography
- Weight498 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.