Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionProviding both theory and praxis, this creative textbook explains how to write humour, comedy, satire, parody, nsense, and both the literary and the joke mologue. Through its close analyses of short stories, sketches, essays and scripts, it should be useful to serious and t-so-serious writers of every genre. Guiding aspiring writers through the many techniques for creating humour, it illustrates and analyzes what works and what doesn't, suggests ways to energize passages that fall flat, and offers insights into brainstorming, team writing, and revision. The volume includes the history and cultural background of each major genre, followed by an array of writing exercises. There is a wide selection of examples to learn from, including a script from M*A*S*H and pieces by such humorists as Woody Allen, Ogden Nash and Art Buchwald - and by students as well.
- Author BiographyMary Ann Rishel is an associate professor in the Department of Writing at Ithaca College.
- Author(s)Mary Ann Rishel
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2002
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleHumor in Life & Letters S.
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Content Note15 illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.