All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $31.34Free postage
- AU $38.60Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionWriting Interactive Fiction with Twine: Play Inside a Story If you've ever dreamed about walking through the pages of a book, fighting dragons, or exploring planets then Twine is for you. This interactive fiction program enables you to create computer games where worlds are constructed out of words and simple scripts can allow the player to pick up or drop objects, use items collected in the game to solve puzzles, or track injury in battle by reducing hit points. If you've clicked your way through 80 Days, trekked through the underground Zork kingdom, or attempted to save an astronaut with Lifeline, you're already familiar with interactive fiction. If t, get ready to have your imagination stretched as you learn how to direct a story path. The best part about interactive fiction stories is that they are simple to make and can serve as a gateway into the world of coding for the nprogrammer or new programmer. You'll find expert advice on everything from creating vivid characters to building settings that come alive. Ford's easy writing prompts help you get started, so you'll never face a blank screen. Her Try It Out exercises go way beyond the basics, helping you bring personal creativity and passion to every story you create! * Get familiar with the popular Twine scripting program * Learn how to design puzzles * Build your own role-playing game with stat systems * Maintain an inventory of objects * Learn game design and writing basics * Change the look of your story using CSS and HTML * Discover where you can upload your finished games and find players
- Author BiographyMelissa Ford is the author of numerous works of fiction and nonfiction. She has been a huge interactive fiction fan since 1982, when her dad gave her a copy of Zork to help her become a better speller. She is the blogging and social media editor at BlogHer, a contributor at GeekDad, and the Twine mentor at her local computer club. She is also the author of the award-winning blog Stirrup Queens. She earned her MFA from University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
- Author(s)Melissa Belle Ford
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Weight666 g
- Width179 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.