All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe single universal bit of advice that working journalists give students is learn to write well . Solid writing is the key to any successful and solid broadcast news operation. In Writing and Producing Television News, Second Edition author Eric Gormly uses contemporary news events as an engaging backdrop to teach students the fundamentals of writing news for television and cable. Author Gormly draws on his extensive background as a television journalist to explain how real newsrooms work. The text reviews basic grammar, introduces students to industry-specific termilogy and the particular rules for TV newswriting, appraises the basics of a television news story, and reveals how television writing differs from writing for other media. The core of the book develops various story formats, and gives step-by-step instruction on how to transform basic information into properly scripted, solid stories. Included in this edition are the latest in script formatting; an in-depth look at new writing styles; interviews with and observations of working journalists from major television markets; an expanded chapter detailing the process of producing a television newscast; and up-to-date information about applying for jobs and internships in today's television marketplace. Newly expanded, packed with student exercises for hands-on learning, and fully illustrated with photos, line drawings, and charts, Writing and Producing Television News, Second Edition prepares students to perform from the moment they hit the newsroom.
- Author BiographyEric Gormly, Ph.D. is Assistant Professor of Broadcast Journalism at the University of North Texas, where he teaches television news and media criticism courses and conducts research in the area of religion in media and culture. He is a former major market television news reporter who also has extensive experience as an anchor, editor, videographer and producer. Gormly has taught a range of broadcast news and mass communication courses at the University of Nevada-Reno, Trinity University in San Antonio, The University of Texas at Austin, and Arizona State University.
- Author(s)Eric Gormly,Victoria Carroll
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.