All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsers want manuals that are easy to read, with short sentences, simple words, and unambiguous instructions. Unfortunately, writing plain language is much more difficult than writing overblown instructions that only an expert can understand. Writing complex texts is simple-writing simple texts is complex. This book shows you how to write simple user assistance rather than complex user anyance. As it's a book about stating your message clearly, it also states its own messages clearly. It's free of boring theory and free of highbrow grammar terms and gives you clear recommendations and catchy examples that you can easily remember and apply to your own work. Topics covered: General technical writing principles that make your texts plain, simple, and easy to understand; On the topic level: Rules for writing Concept topics, Task topics, and Reference topics. ; On the paragraph level: Rules for writing the standard elements that form a topic, such as headings, subheadings, procedures, lists, tables, warnings, tes, tips, examples, cross-references, and links; On the sentence level: Rules for building plain and unambiguous sentences; On the word level: Recommendations for using simple words; Spelling and punctuation FAQ; Grammar and word choice FAQ; Standard terms and phrases. Audience: technical writers, developers, marketing professionals, product managers.
- Author(s)Marc Achtelig
- Publisherindoition publishing e.K.
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleTechnical Documentation Solutions Series
- Place of PublicationZirndorf
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Imprintindoition publishing e.K.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.