Writing Public Policy: A Practical Guide to Communicating in the Policy-Making Process by Catherine F. Smith (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWriting Public Policy is a practical, concise guide to writing and communicating in public policy processes. Designed to help students understand and perform common types of communication used in solving public problems, this text explains the standards and functions of communicating in the public sector and teaches the use of selected public policy communication genres. Catherine F. Smith presents a general method for planning, producing, and assessing communications in a variety of real-life contexts and situations of public policy work. This book presents a general method for planning, producing, and assessing communications in varied real-life contexts and situations of public policy work. It explains the standards and functions of communication in policy making. It teaches the use of selected public policy communication genres and illustrates their practical use. It teaches critical thinking and language awareness. It includes numerous writing samples. It prepares students for careers in politics, government, law, public administration, public relations, nprofit organization advocacy, journalism, public health, or any profession engaged in public process or concerned with public affairs. It is a lively, useful manual of practice for real-world communicators.
- Author BiographyCatherine F. Smith is Professor Emerita of English at East Carolina University and Adjunct Professor of Public Policy at The University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. She was founding director of Bucknell University's Writing Program and Writing Center. She has taught undergraduate and graduate students of writing, rhetoric, communication, public policy, public administration, political science, sociology, geography, and interdisciplinary programs to communicate in policy-making at local state, and national levels. As a consultant to government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and for-profit businesses, she prepares executives, professionals, and citizens to communicate as witnesses in governmental hearings.
- Author(s)Catherine F. Smith
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight316 g
- Width144 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.