All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFiction - and especially romance fiction - has a complex set of rules and termilogy all its own.The first few weeks (or months, or years) of trying to learn the acronyms and master the vocabulary can be confusing, frustrating, and mind-numbing. And just when you think you've heard it all, something else whams you out of left field. Plus, t everyone is comfortable butting in on conversations between perfect strangers to ask what the heck they just said. Yet kwing how to talk about your craft, your industry, and your genre is truly important. It allows you to communicate with your peers, helps you figure out the fun stuff, and gives you credibility with agents and editors. And that's why I wrote this book. You need to learn the language, but it can be more manageable for you than it was for me. You can learn from my mental pain and suffering and from the confusion and anguish of those who taught me. How lucky are you? Writing & Publishing Termilogy for Romance Writers is a special version of Writing & Publishing Termilogy. It includes all 550+ terms in the original version, some with additional tes helpful to writers of romance fiction, and also adds more than 60 new, romance-specific terms. Like the original, this version is listed alphabetically and includes cross-references to common abbreviations, acronyms, and interchangeable terms. It also contains examples whenever practical and see also references to confusing and similar terms. Writer's Bites is a series of short, topic-focused books designed to help writers attack and master one facet of the writing craft or publishing industry at a time. Each book breaks the focus subject into approachable, digestible parts and includes examples, tips, advice, and suggestions for real-life use and practice. The series kicks off with termilogy, because there's point trying to master a concept if you don't kw the language. Welcome to writing!
- Author BiographyMaggie is an author, speaker, marketing strategist, freelance writer, and future professor. She's also a reader, life learner, dog schmuck, hair flower obsessionist, foodie, and dreamer. During her 20-year career, she's drafted literally hundreds of process manuals, press releases, how-tos, business plans, and lifestyle and career articles, as well as two textbooks and several award-winning marketing pieces, ads, and video scripts. She's multi-published in light erotic romance as Maggie Montgomery and is working on her first romantic suspense as Maggie Washington. She'd also like to publish in comedic and middle grades mystery, children's literature, and horror. Maggie is a member of RWA, Georgia Romance Writers, Passionate Ink, and MENSA. In April 2013, she launched a series of short reference guides, Writer's Bites: Topics You Can Sink Your Teeth Into, beginning with Writing & Publishing Terminology and Writing & Publishing Terminology for Romance Writers. She lives in metro-Atlanta's Southern Crescent with her husband and their four-legged kid, a black lab/German shepherd mix named Rowdy. Connect at maggieworth.com, find her on Twitter as MaggieSheWrote or visit her blog at FiveforFiction.com.
- Author(s)Maggie Worth
- Date of Publication06/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)April Saunders
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.