All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHuman interaction has always been marked by the complex, pervasive dynamic of rage and violence. This dynamic and the ubiquitous social problems that are its consequence have long engaged scholars. In Writing Rage: Unmasking Violence through Caribbean Discourse , Paula Morgan and Valerie Youssef apply strategies of linguistic and literary analysis to a range of real-life and fictional discourses on the theme of violence. Their work explores the multifaceted spectrum of violence and its intricate web of cause-and-effect sequences at the macro and micro levels in Caribbean societies. This book will inform the first interdisciplinary course in this area to be taught at the University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago, and it will also be essential reading for students and teachers of Caribbean cultural studies elsewhere in the region and throughout the diaspora.
- Author BiographyPaula Morgan is Lecturer in the Department of Liberal Arts, an associate of the Centre for Gender and Development Studies, and co-ordinator of the Cultural Studies graduate programme, University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago. Valerie Youssef is Senior Lecturer in Linguistics and Head of the Department of Liberal Arts, University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Author(s)Paula Morgan,Valerie Youssef
- PublisherUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationKingston
- Country of PublicationJamaica
- ImprintUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.