All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo I hear you say that romance is dead? Not for the millions of readers who find escape between the covers of a paperback vel ...If you think that writing romantic fiction is a quick way to make a fortune, forget it. Often the vel thats so easy to read, and slips down as easily as a blancmange, has taken a good deal of skill on the part of the author to achieve that very impression. In this comprehensive guide, successful velist Jean Saunders shows you the way to go about it, including Tips from the Top, from some of our best-selling velists such as Jilly Cooper and Catherine Cookson, who offer their writing advice. The most glittering names in romantic fiction had to start somewhere, and ne of us was born a writer, however glamorous that may sound. Its a craft that can be learned, and one that can bring immense pleasure and satisfaction to the writer as well as the reader. So lets get started, and between these covers you will learn: How to structure a romance, open chapters and write love scenes; How to do authentic research for historical or contemporary romance; How to submit manuscripts to publishers; How to survive the sting of rejection; How to break into the lucrative American romance market and more.
- Author BiographyProlific author Jean Saunders has written well over 100 novels and numerous short stories. She writes under her own name and various pen-names, including the popular Rowena Summers and Rachel Moore. She writes a regular column on short story writing for a writers magazine, and is a frequent lecturer on cruise ships. A past chairman of the Romantic Novelists Association, Jean has been short-listed for the Romantic Novel of the Year Award, and she takes an active interest in everything to do with writing and encouraging new writers.
- Author(s)Jean Saunders
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight276 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.