All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide for teaching all your students the skills they need to be successful writers The 25 mini-lessons provided in this book are designed to develop students self-regulated writing behaviors and enhance their self-perceived writing abilities. These foundational writing strategies are applicable and adaptable to all primary students: emergent, advanced, English Language Learners, and struggling writers. Following the SCAMPER (Screen and assess, Confer, Assemble materials, Model, Practice, Execute, Reflect) mini-lesson model devised by the authors, the activities show teachers how to scaffold the writing strategies that students need in order to take control of their independent writing. * Reveals helpful writing strategies, including making associations, planning, visualizing, accessing cues, using mnemonics, and more * Offers ideas for helping students revise, check, and monitor their writing assignments * Explains the author's proven SCAMPER model that is appropriate for students in grades K-3 Let Richards and Lassonde two experts in the field of childhood education guide you through these proven strategies for enhancing young children's writing skills.
- Author BiographyJanet C. Richards, Ph.D., is a professor at the University of South Florida in the Childhood Education and Literacy Studies Department, where she specializes in literacy. She is the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Reading Education as well as a literacy scholar for the International Reading Association (IRA). Cynthia Lassonde, Ph.D., is associate professor, Elementary Education and Reading, at the State University of New York (SUNY) in Oneonta. Cynthia has co-authored several books, including Teacher Collaboration for Professional Learning.
- Author(s)Cynthia A. Lassonde,Janet C. Richards
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight752 g
- Width224 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.