All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title helps you learn to: craft a winning manuscript; troubleshoot and edit your work; prepare your manuscript for publication; find a good agent to represent you; negotiate the best possible deal; and turn your aspiration into reality with this completely updated guide. If you've always wanted to write that great vel, but never knew where to start, look further! With a published author advising you on how to write well and a literary agent providing insight into getting a publishing deal, this updated guide gives you the inside track on the art and science of breaking into the fiction-publishing industry. Taking you step by step from concept to contract, this book provides the tools you need to tell your story with skill and approach agents and publishers with confidence. You can dive in check out how to combine your natural talent with the writing techniques used by successful authors. You can establish a firm foundation construct your basic story, plot and structure. You can examine the key elements create characters, develop dialogue, explore relationships and insert conflict. You can fine-tune and finish up discover tips on adding detail, creativity and flair while bringing your work to a close. You can get published take the next step by weighing up your publishing options, working with agents and negotiating deals. You can find out more check out additional advice, like the most common mistakes you need to avoid, and tips from published authors. Open the book and find: tips for getting started; creative ways to develop plots, storylines, characters and dialogue; the seven basic stories and how to put them to work; tricks for crafting a great ending to your vel; how to prepare your manuscript for editing and publishing; and the lowdown on the business side of publishing.
- Author BiographyGeorge Green is a senior lecturer in creative writing at Lancaster University and the author of two novels. Lizzy Kremer is an agent at David Higham Associates, one of the UKs leading literary agencies.
- Author(s)George Green,Lizzy E. Kremer
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/04/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight628 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.