All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is of interest to science educators, graduate students, and classroom teachers. The book will also be an important addition to any scholarly library focusing on science education, science literacy, and writing. This book is unique in that it synthesizes the research of the three leading researchers in the field of writing to learn science: Carolyn S. Wallace, Brian Hand, and Vaughan Prain. It includes a comprehensive review of salient literature in the field, detailed reports of the authors' own research studies, and current and future issues on writing in science. The book is the first to definitely answer the question, Does writing improve science learning? . Further, it provides evidence for some of the mechanisms through which learning occurs. It combines both theory and practice in a unique way. Although primarily a tool for research, classroom teachers will also find many practical suggestions for using writing in the science classroom.
- Author(s)Brian Hand,Carolyn S. Wallace,Vaughan Prain
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/05/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleContemporary Trends and Issues in Science Education
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 23
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight405 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.