All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionWriting and Performing Christian Music: God's Plan & Purpose for the Church, is for songwriters, worship leaders, musicians, composers, church leadership, radio station programmers, and record company executives. Foreword by TV composer Robert Kral (Angel, Miracles and Superman Doomsday). Introduction by Dr. William L. Hooper, former Dean, School of Church Music, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. Covers: What is Christian Music; God's Organizational Model for the Church; The First Formal Purposing of Song; The Prophetic Song; How God Uses Music to Edify; 22 Types of Biblical Songs by Content; Thanks, and the Three Types of Praise Songs; Eight More Types of Biblical Songs; Biblical Techniques of Lyric Writing; Standards and Performance Practices; Music Leadership and the Large Church; Basic Performance Considerations; Wisdom's Role; Picking Music for the Western Church Service. Peter Lawrence Alexander writes the Music Techlogy & You column for Film Music Weekly. Many of his music books have been endorsed by winners of the Academy, Grammy and Emmy Awards. A Christian, Mr. Alexander's books include: The Street SmartT Guide to MIDI and Home Recording, Applied Professional Harmony, Professional Orchestration, How Ravel Orchestrated: Mother Goose Suite, Counterpoint by Fux, Writing for Strings, The Prayer That Gets Results, and The Business Parables. His historical fiction works include: The Good Samaritan, and The Unfaithful Wife: The Story of Hosea and Gomer.
- Author(s)Peter Lawrence Alexander
- PublisherAlexander University, Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlexander University, Inc.
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Introduction byWilliam L Hooper
- Foreword byRobert Kral
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.