All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish for Academic Study: Writing This fully updated 2012 edition of English for Academic Study: Writing will help you develop the academic writing skills you need to deal effectively with the written element of your academic study, as well as to develop other important skills such as reading research and critical thinking. The units are organized as follows: * Introduction to academic writing * Sustainable energy * The business of science * Telemedicine * Food security * Human resource management * Sustainable fashion * The Tipping Point Each unit explores a key aspect of writing and teaches it in the context of a specific topic area, e.g., Food security and Sustainable fashion. The tasks in each unit prepare you to write an essay that will consolidate the writing skills you are learning. Authentic texts in the accompanying Reading & Writing Source Book provide useful and interesting background information for each topic area covered. The Course Book includes unit summaries to give you a quick overview of what you have covered, and a comprehensive glossary of terms. Each unit also has weblinks offering additional information and activities, relating to both writing skills and the topics covered in the units. This book can be used in conjunction with the following books in the English for Academic Study (EAS) series, also published by Garnet Education: EAS: Reading & Writing Source Book, EAS: Reading, EAS: Extended Writing & Research Skills, EAS: Listening, EAS: Speaking, EAS: Vocabulary, EAS: Pronunciation and EAS: Grammar for Writing.
- Author BiographyAnne Pallant authored the Writing volume in Garnet Education's EAS series. Anne has varied experience of teaching English for Academic Purposes. She has been teaching on EAP courses at the Centre for Applied Language Studies since 1994 and is part of the EAP Management team. She was also Director of Studies at a Language School in Italy. Amongst other qualifications, Anne has obtained an MSc in Teaching English as a Foreign Language from Aston University, a P.G.C.E from the University of Bristol and a Certificate in Online Education and Training from the Institute of Education, University of London. Whilst Anne is interested in the teaching of all skills within EAP courses, her current focus is on the teaching of academic writing skills and the development of appropriate materials and methodology. She is especially interested in the teaching of critical thinking skills in academic writing. Anne is also concerned with the teaching of study and research skills to prospective postgraduate students, and developing methods and materials through which the needs of students from different disciplines can be met in one classroom. She is also interested in teaching content-based courses and is presently involved in teaching writing to scientists and social scientists by electronic delivery and 'e-learning' methodology.
- Author(s)Anne Pallant
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2012
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Academic Study S.
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Notefull colour photos, tables and illustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementStudent Manual/Study Guide
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.