Writing in the Life Sciences: A Critical Thinking Approach by Laurence Greene (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $66.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPracticing scientists kw that the quality of their livelihood is strongly connected to the quality of their writing, and critical thinking is the most necessary and valuable tool for effectively generating and communicating scientific information. Writing in the Life Sciences is an invative, process-based text that gives beginning writers the tools to write about science skillfully by taking a critical thinking approach. Laurence Greene emphasizes writing as thinking as he takes beginning writers through the important stages of planning, drafting, and revising their work. Throughout, he uses focused and systematic critical reading and thinking activities to help scientific writers develop the skills to effectively communicate. Each chapter addresses a particular writing task rather than a specific type of document. The book makes clear which tasks are important for all writing projects (i.e., audience analysis, attending to instructions) and which are unique to a specific writing project (rhetorical goals for each type of document). Ideal for Scientific Writing courses and writing-intensive courses in various science departments (e.g., Biology, Environmental Studies, etc.) , this invative, process-based text goes beyond explaining what scientific writing is and gives students the tools to do it skillfully.
- Author BiographyLaurence Greene, PhD, taught scientific writing and integrative physiology at the University of Colorado at Boulder from 1993 to 2009. With funding from the National Science Foundation and the CU-Boulder Faculty Teaching Excellence Program, Dr. Greene developed discipline-specific scientific writing courses for undergraduate and graduate students. In 2009, Dr. Greene left academia to practice what he had preached as a writing instructor. He is currently a scientific and medical writer in South Florida.
- Author(s)Laurence Greene
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note25 b/w photos & 45 line illus
- Weight876 g
- Width193 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.59Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
- AU $21.66Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.