All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an author with proven success in obtaining NIH grants and in developing grant application workshops in university settings and at association conventions the book utilizes specific supporting examples and cases and includes flow charts illustrating the grant application review process at NIH.
- Author BiographyWilliam Gerin received his BA in Psychology from Stanislaus State College in Turlock, California, in 1979, where his specialty was in operant and classical conditioning avoidance models in animals. He then became interested in studying the role of human interactions in emotional regulation and received his PhD in Social Psychology from Columbia University in 1984 under the mentorship of Stanley Schachter. In 1985, he undertook an NIH-sponsored postdoctoral fellowship in cardiovascular epidemiology at the Cornell University Medical Center, where he studied with Thomas Pickering. He then went on to Mount Sinai Hospital, and then (back to) Columbia University, until 2007. He has now moved his laboratory to Department of Biobehavioral Health at the Pennsylvania State University, where he Professor of Biobeahvioral Health, and is the director of the Experimental Cardiovascular Psychophysiology Laboratory. His current research areas include the examination of acute biological responses to stress and negative emotionality, including blood pressure, heart rate variability, cortisol, endothelial function, and inflammatory markers. His other areas of study include the role of emotional regulation in the development of hypertension and coronary heart disease; behavioral interventions to improve medication adherence in culturally diverse patient populations; health disparities in cardiovascular disease, and the role of psychosocial factors in cardiovascular disease.
- Author(s)Christine H. Kapelewski,Jerome R. Itinger,Tanya Spruill,William Gerin
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.