All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Student Workbook encourages independent composition, while the Instructor Text contains easy-to-use supporting information for the teacher, rubrics for grading, sample compositions, and dialogue to use while teaching. Together, the Student Workbook and Instructor Text provide a full year of middle-grade writing instruction, preparing students to enter high-level rhetoric. Skills Taught: * One- and two-level outlining * Writing chrological narratives, biographical sketches, descriptions, and sequences across the curriculum * Constructing basic literary essays on fiction and poetry * Researching and documenting source material * First volume of four that will prepare students for high-level rhetoric and composition Features of the program: * Writing assignments are modeled on examples from great literature and classic nfiction * All source material for assignments is provided- other books are needed * This Student Workbook encourages independence by directing all assignments to the student * Instructor Text (sold separately) provides scripted dialogue to use when the student has difficulty, plus detailed guidance on how to evaluate the student's work * Second volume of four that will prepare students for high-level rhetoric and composition
- Author BiographySusan Wise Bauer is the best-selling author of the Story of the World series, The History of the World series, The Well-Trained Mind, and The Well-Educated Mind, among other works. She lives in Virginia.
- Author(s)Susan Wise Bauer
- PublisherPeace Hill Press
- Date of Publication20/12/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleThe Complete Writer
- Place of PublicationCharles City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeace Hill Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1200 g
- Width218 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.