All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat should language and writing teachers do about giving students written corrective feedback? This book surveys theory, research, and practice on the important and sometimes controversial issue of written corrective feedback, also kwn as error/grammar correction, and its impact on second language acquisition and second language writing development. Offering state-of-the-art treatment of a topic that is highly relevant to both researchers and practitioners, it critically analyzes and synthesizes several parallel and complementary strands of research - work on error/feedback (both oral and written) in SLA and studies of the impact of error correction in writing/composition courses - and addresses practical applications. Drawing from both second language acquisition and writing/composition literature, this volume is the first to intentionally connect these two separate but important lines of inquiry.
- Author BiographyJohn Bitchener is Professor, School of Languages at Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand. Dana R. Ferris is Professor in the University Writing Program at the University of California, Davis.
- Author(s)Dana R. Ferris,John Bitchener
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.