All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithin the world of Wunderkammer, or cabinet of curiosities, Cynthia Cruz archives the ruius, the sparkling, the traumatic, and the decadent. These poems, through sensuous impressions, mimic what it's like to wake from a dream only to realize you are still inside the dream. We encounter gluttony pinned against starvation- ceiling high cream cakes, / I ran twelve miles in my ballet leotard - and the glamorous mixed with the grotesque - I follow a sequin / Thread of dead things. Through brutal music, Wunderkammer grips at the edges of memory and chaos; these poems have found the kill / And entered it.
- Author BiographyCYNTHIA CRUZ s poems have been published in the New Yorker, Paris Review, Boston Review, American Poetry Review, Kenyon Review, and others. Her first collection of poems, RUIN, was published by Alice James Book and her second collection, The Glimmering Room, was published by Four Way Books. She has received fellowships from Yaddo and the MacDowell Colony as well as a Hodder Fellowship from Princeton University. She teaches at Sarah Lawrence College and lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Cynthia Cruz
- PublisherFour Way Books
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFour Way Books
- Weight222 g
- Width153 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.