More items related to this product
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $31.99Trending at AU $47.63
- AU $33.99Trending at AU $65.74
- AU $66.99Trending at AU $78.82
- AU $50.19Trending at AU $81.00
- AU $59.75Trending at AU $64.15
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $68.11
- AU $93.05Trending at AU $100.18
About this product
- DescriptionAs the title implies, X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE is the back story of the fiery and conflicted Wolverine (ne James Logan), whose mutant powers include killer claws that shoot from his knuckles and a regenerative ability that allows him to live seemingly forever. Taking a few mild liberties but staying relatively faithful to the comic-book source material, ORIGINS follows Logan from his first recognition of his mutant powers as a young child up through his infamous adamantium rebirth and the total memory loss that would subsequently fuel his angry quest. Wolverines story has enough intriguing details to allow for a grown-up psychodrama in the mold of THE DARK KNIGHT, and the actors on hand--including Danny Huston as Stryker and Liev Schreiber as Logans half-brother, Victor (aka Sabretooth)--have the chops to deliver. Director Gavin Hood, however, opts in favor of cinematic razzle-dazzle heavy on John Woo-style action-ballet and CGI glitz. From Deadpools eye-popping swordplay (the action-adventure equivalent of Riverdance) to the tightrope-walk of a fight scene in the films finale, WOLVERINE is a blockbuster action film in the most fundamental sense of the word.
- Video Trailer
- Leading Role 1Dominic Monaghan
- Director 1Gavin Hood
- Leading Role 2Liev Schreiber
- Leading Role 3Danny Huston
- Additional Roles byRyan Reynolds,Hugh Jackman
- ProducerHugh Jackman,Lauren Shuler Donner,Ralph Winter,John Palermo
- ScreenwriterSkip Woods,David Benioff
- Score ComposerHarry Gregson-Williams
- EditorNicolas De Toth,Megan Gill
- Release FormatBlu-ray
- Release Year2009
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time107 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- amymoran201210 Jun, 2012by
its a great inside on how wolverine became a x men and one of the best x men characters well worth a watch and not that violent so mature kids could watch it
- nikimckeen17 Aug, 2011by
Hugh Jackman, brilliant Wolverine!
A good film all in all. Some continuity errors and if you're a Wolverine fan like me, some wrong calls with certain characters. The story is good but ending predictable and hopefully another film will be on it's way!
- semms198410 Dec, 2010by
this film is action packed from start to finish with great effects and in blu ray it is awesome! well worth getting!!
- angelagata06 Nov, 2010by
X-Men Origins - Wolverine
great movie from x-men collection. find out where it all start with wolverine. Enjoyable movie for marvel collections series
- badgersbullies11 Oct, 2010by
X-Men Origins - Wolverine
Excellent film well worth the money ..............................................................................