All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYachtmaster for Sail and Power is a major reference book that has proved invaluable for the many sailors following the RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Offshore course. This highly respected and refreshingly practical study guide covers the whole syllabus in detail, all illustrated with colour photographs, charts and worked examples throughout. It covers: * Chartwork - with useful worked examples * Electronic navigation - how to use the latest techlogy for safe navigation: radar, electronic chart plotting and GPS * Pilotage - buoyage fully explained and illustrated * Communications - information on current maritime communications including GMDSS * Weather - the elements of meteorology, weather sources and forecasts * Safety and survival - all the new SOLAS regulations detailed * Stability and buoyancy - the principles simply explained. Including the latest updates, new artwork and a modern design, this fourth edition compliments the syllabus and assists with exam preparation - an essential companion for anyone enrolling on the RYA Yachtmaster course, whether for sail or power.
- Author BiographyAlison Noice is a former Yachtmaster Instructor and Examiner. She has trained and examined Radio Instructors, and run short courses in radar, VHF radio and first aid, taught Day Skipper and Yachtmaster theory courses and examined Yachtmaster Offshore candidates. She still finds time to sail for pleasure in her much-loved Sigma 33. Alison lives in Poole, Dorset.
- Author(s)Alison Noice
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteNewly updated colour photographs and artwork throughout
- Weight869 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.