All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYale Textbook of Public Psychiatry is a comprehensive resource on treatment, rehabilitation, recovery, and public health of persons cared for in organized, publically funded systems of care. Edited and authored by experts in public psychiatry at the Yale Department of Psychiatry, this text provides up-to-date information on clinical work in the public sector. This book will be a useful reference for professionals and students of public psychiatry, administrators, and policy makers.
- Author BiographySelby Jacobs is Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry and Public Health at the Yale School of Medicine, where he was on the faculty for 46 years. At the time of his retirement, he was Director (CEO) of the Connecticut Mental Health Center in New Haven. He taught psychiatric epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health. He had a long-standing interest in social determinants of mental health and studied social stress (measured by recent life event scales, or the single social stress of bereavement) and mental illness. He also has written about academic public psychiatry and the history of services in the public sector at the Connecticut Mental Health Center. Jeanne Steiner is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the Yale School of Medicine and the Medical Director of the Connecticut Mental Health Center in New Haven, Connecticut. She developed the Yale Fellowship in Public Psychiatry and serves as its Director. Her interests and academic writings are focused on health promotion, integration of mental health and physical health care for individuals with serious mental illnesses, administration of public mental health organizations, and training professionals for careers in the public sector.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight980 g
- Width223 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJeanne Steiner,Selby Jacobs
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.