Yarn Works: How to Spin, Dye, and Knit Your Own Yarn by W. J. Johnson (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYarn Works is the ultimate sheep to sweater reference book for fiber enthusiasts everywhere. Have you ever wondered what the best spin method is for a chunky yarn? Or how to dye fiber to the colour you want? Or perhaps your yarn isn't holding its shape when you knit...This how-to book answers all of those questions and more in a detailed, behind-the-science manner. The better you understand the science behind the subject, the better you'll be at applying your creative inspiration to spinning, dyeing, and knitting your own yarn. This book is divided into four main sections-Fibre Workshop, Spin Workshop, Dye Workshop, and Knit Workshop-and includes a brief history on each subject. Each short, informational workshop takes you through the essential learning activities for spinning, dyeing, and knitting, giving you the hands-on experience you'll need to master the subject. Follow yarn from its fibre beginnings, through the process of spinning, to dyeing the spun yarn with natural and synthetic dyes, and finally finish off by using your new yarn in fun projects. Whether you're a knitter interested in learning to spin and dye your own yarn; or a current spinner or dyer looking for inspiration, you'll find everything you need to kw about the subject of yarn in this book, along with some great exercises to get your creative juices flowing.
- Author BiographyW.J. JOHNSON (aka Wendy J. Johnson) has been spinning, dyeing, and knitting for more than thirty years. She has a BA in Fine Arts and Music with additional arts education in Fibre Arts, Graphic Design, and Architecture. She is a fibre artist, photographer, media and installation artist, and educator in the fiber arts, with an emphasis on spinning, dyeing, weaving, and knitting. Her fibre arts, photography, and fine art work is highlighted in her company Saga Hill Designs, www.SagaHill.com. She has been a champion for Swedish textile arts and has facilitated exhibits on Swedish knitting artists (Elsebeth Lavold, Inger Fredholm, and Bohus Stickning-all at the American Swedish Institute in Minneapolis, Minn.). Wendy was a principal author, photographer, and designer of the book Bohus Stickning-Radiant Knits: An Enchanting Obsession. She is also the President and Art Director of Points Of View Productions, a multimedia company; and founder of Elder Eye Design, where she is The Legibility Doctor , advising clients on legibility issues in print, space design, and products for the aging eye. On the side, Wendy visits fleece on the hoof as she and her border collies attempt to come by sheep every so often in a dance called herding. Wendy lives in an area west of Minneapolis with her husband and two crazy border collies in a home she designed using aging-friendly principles.
- Author(s)W. J. Johnson
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication23/01/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBeverly
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreative Publishing International, US
- Content Note220 colour photographs
- Weight680 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.