All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor all lovers of horses and history, it's the next book in the popular Horse Diaries series. Born in the Arabian Desert in the ninth century, Yatimah is a black Arabian filly whose name means orphan. She enjoys her life at the oasis, with sheep to tease, other foals to race, and the daughter of her Bedouin owner to take care of her. But when the colt who is her foster brother is stolen in a raid, Yatimah realizes her true birthright. Like Black Beauty, this moving vel is told in first person from the horse's own point of view and includes an appendix full of photos and facts about Arabian horses and Bedouin culture.
- Author BiographyCATHERINE HAPKA has written more than 150 books for children and young adults many about horses, including Elska, the first book in the Horse Diaries series. A lifelong horse lover, she rides several times per week and appreciates horses of all breeds. She lives on a small farm in Chester County, Pennsylvania, which she shares with a horse, three goats, a small flock of chickens, and too many cats. RUTH SANDERSON has illustrated books for children of all ages, including Summer Pony, Winter Pony, and Hush, Little Horsie. Her favorite hobby is horseback riding. You can find out more at RuthSanderson.com.
- Author(s)Catherine Hapka
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication11/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleHorse Diaries (Quality)
- Series Part/Volume Number06
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width137 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ruth Sanderson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.