All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday, international investment law consists of a network of multifaceted, multilayered international treaties that, in one way or ather, involve virtually every country of the world. The evolution of this network raises a host of issues regarding international investment law and policy, especially in the area of international investment disputes. The Yearbook on International Investment Law & Policy 2012-2013 monitors current developments in international investment law and policy, focusing on recent trends and issues in foreign direct investment (FDI). With contributions by leading experts in the field, this title provides timely, authoritative information on FDI that can be used by a wide audience, including practitioners, academics, researchers, and policy makers. Contributions to the Yearbook on International Investment Law & Policy 2012-2013 cover the 2012-2013 trends in international investment agreements, the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) trends, and the challenge of investment policies for outward FDI, as well as a review of 2012 international investment law and arbitration. This edition contains essays from the Symposium on Sustainable Development and International Investment Law: Bridging the Divide. Also included are general articles providing an analysis of arbitral tribunal practice regarding the applicable law to state contracts under the ICSID Convention in the Twenty First Century; the role of municipal laws in investment arbitration; the status of state-controlled entities under international investment law, the US and the Trans-Pacific partnership (TPP); new 2012 US Model BITs; and the Regulation of FDI in Bolivia. This volume concludes with the winning memorials from the 2012 FDI International Moot Competition.
- Author BiographyAndrea Bjorklund is the L. Yves Fortier Chair in International Arbitration and International Commercial Law, McGill University Faculty of Law, Montreal, Quebec, and Senior Fellow, Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment (VCC), New York She teaches courses in international arbitration and litigation, international trade, international investment, public international law, international business transactions, conflict of laws, and contracts. She is co-rapporteur of the International Law Association's Study Group on the Role of Soft-Law Instruments in International Investment Law and is an adviser to the American Law Institute's project on restating the U.S. law of international commercial arbitration. She also serves as Director of Studies for the American Branch of the International Law Association. She is listed in the International Who's Who of Commercial Arbitration and is on the roster of panelists who hear NAFTA Chapter 19 proceedings.
- Author(s)Andrea Bjorklund
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleForeign Direct Investment Law Yearbook
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1412 g
- Width186 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.