Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a thorough and serious analysis of Friedlander's thinking, as one of the most important Holocaust scholars of our time. This volume provides an in-depth discussion of Saul Friedlander's recently published second volume of his landmark history of the Holocaust, Nazi Germany and the Jews: The Years of Extermination 1939-1945 . This book - the sequel to his volume on the pre-war years, Nazi Germany and the Jews 1933-1939: The Years of Persecution (1997) - has received wide acclaim and was awarded the prestigious Friedenspreis in Germany as well as the Pulitzer Prize for History (USA) in 2008. This volume brings together a range of internationally acclaimed historians to address the manifold conceptual and historiographical issues raised in Friedlander's monumental work. The aim of this book is t simply to evaluate Friedlander's work on its own merits, but rather to use his text as a means of exploring the contours and future of Holocaust historiography. Of central concern is to situate his work within the broader terrain of Holocaust studies and European history, as well as to explore the ways in which his book opens up new directions in the kwledge, study and understanding of the Shoah in particular and twentieth century gecide in general.
- Author BiographyChristian Wiese is Professor of Jewish History at the University of Sussex. His publications include The Life and Thought of Hans Jonas: Jewish Dimensions (2007) Paul Betts is Reader in History at the University of Sussex. His publications include Between Mass Death and Individual Loss: The Place of the Dead in Twentieth Century Germany (with Alon Confino and Dirk Schumann, 2008).
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChristian Wiese
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.