All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionSystems Biology aims at deciphering the getype-phetype relationships at the levels of genes, transcripts (RNAs), peptides, proteins, metabolites, and environmental factors participating in complex cellular networks in order to reveal the mechanisms and principles governing the behavior of complex biological systems. Yeast Systems Biology: Methods and Protocols presents an up-to-date view of the optimal characteristics of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae as a model eukaryote, perspective on the latest experimental and computational techniques for systems biology studies, most of which were first designed for and validated in yeast, and selected examples of yeast systems biology studies and their applications in biotechlogy and medicine. These experiments under controlled conditions can uncover the complexity and interplay of biological networks with their dynamics, basic principles of internal organization, and balanced orchestrated functions between organelles in direct interaction with the environment as well as the characterization of short and long-term effects of perturbations and dysregulation of networks that may illuminate the origin of complex human diseases. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series, this volume contains the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results. Practical and cutting-edge, Yeast Systems Biology: Methods and Protocols serves researchers interested in comprehensive systems biology strategies in well-defined model systems with specific objectives as well as a better kwledge of the latest post-gemic strategies at all 'omic levels and computational approaches towards analysis, integration, and modeling of biological systems, from single-celled organisms to higher eukaryotes.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication23/08/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number759
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note83 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, 15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1218 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJuan I. Castrillo,Stephen G. Oliver
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.