All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf fourteen-year-old Kirra is having a mid-life crisis w, then it doesn't bode well for her life expectancy. Her so-called friends bully her, whatever semblance of a mother she had has been drowned at the bottom of a gin bottle ever since her dad left them for ather woman, and a teenage ghost is speaking to her through a broken phone booth. Kirra and the ghost make a pact. She'll prove who murdered him almost twenty years ago if he makes her popular, gets her parents back together, and promises t to haunt her. But things aren't so simple, and Kirra realises that people can be haunted in more ways than one. 'This story has such a generous heart. I loved it. Utterly unique and beautifully written, Yellow pulls you into the rhythms of life in a small coastal town; its beauty and its harsh realities. But it's the supernatural element that illuminates the story, weaving through the loves and hopes of characters you care for deeply. I was there every inch of the way with Kirra, as she fought for a future she could believe in, and I cheered for her too.' Kirsty Eagar 'In her first vel, Megan Jacobson reveals herself to be a masterful storyteller ...This is young-adult fiction at its best. ' Nick Earls
- Author BiographyMegan Jacobson grew up in Darwin and the far north coast of New South Wales but now lives in Sydney where she works in TV news production at the ABC. She has a degree in journalism and has worked as a question writer for TV game shows and as an in-house script storyliner and script editor for several Australian television dramas. Her short stories have been published in the Sydney Morning Herald, aired on ABC radio, and appeared in the UTS writers' anthology I can see my house from here. Yellow is her first novel.
- Author(s)Megan Jacobson
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Weight194 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.