Yes!: 50 Secrets from the Science of Persuasion by Steve Martin, Professor Robert B. Cialdini, Noah Goldstein (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of us are only too aware that, whatever roles we have in today's fast-moving world, much of our success lies in getting others to say 'Yes' to our requests. What many people might t be aware of, though, is the vast amount of research that has been conducted on the influence process. What factors cause one person to say 'Yes' to the request of ather? Yes! is full of practical tips based on recent academic research that shows how the psychology of persuasion can provide valuable insights for anyone interested in improving their ability to persuade others - whether in the workplace, at home or even on the internet. It combines the counter-intuition of Freakomics with the popularising of Does Anything Eats Wasps? For each mini-chapter contains a mystery which is solved in a way that provides food for thought for anyone looking to be more persuasive, and for anyone interested in how the world works.
- Author BiographyExtensive scholarly training in the psychology of influence, together with over 30 years of research into the subject, has earned Dr. Robert Cialdini an international reputation as an expert in the fields of persuasion, compliance, and negotiation. His books, including Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion and Influence: Science & Practice, are the results of more than 30 years of study into the reasons why people comply with requests in business settings. Worldwide, Influence has sold over one million copies. Influence has been published in twenty languages and consistently ranks within the top one half of one percent of books sold on Amazon.com. In the field of influence and persuasion, Dr. Cialdini is the most cited living social psychologist in the world today. Dr. Cialdini received his Ph.D from the University of North Carolina and post doctoral training from Columbia University. He has held Visiting Scholar Appointments at Ohio State University, the University of California, the Annenberg School of Communications, and the Graduate School of Business of Stanford University. Currently, Dr Cialdini holds dual appointments at Arizona State University. He is a W.P. Carey Distinguished Professor of Marketing and Regents' Professor of Psychology, where he has also been named Distinguished Graduate Research Professor. Dr. Cialdini is President of Influence At Work, an international consulting, strategic planning and training organization based on the Six Principles of Influence. Dr. Cialdini's clients include such organizations as Advanta, IBM, Washington Mutual Group of Funds, Coca Cola, KPMG, AstraZeneca, Ericsson, Kodak, Merrill Lynch, Nationwide Insurance, Pfizer, Northern Trust, Prudential, The Mayo Clinic, Glaxo Wellcome, Harvard University - Kennedy School, The Weather Channel, the United States Department of Justice, and NATO.
- Author(s)Noah Goldstein,Professor Robert B. Cialdini,Steve Martin
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Business
- Weight184 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.