All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProgressive rock is maligned and misunderstood. Critics hate it, hipsters scoff at it. Yes Is The Answer is a pointed rebuke to the prog-haters, the first literary anthology devoted to the sub genre. Featuring acclaimed novelists, Rick Moody, Wesley Stace, Seth Greenland, Charles Bock, and Joe Meno, as well as musicians Matthew Sweet, Nathan Larson, and Peter Case, Yes Is The Answer is the first book that dares to thoughtfully reclaim prog-rock as a subject worthy of serious consideration. So take a Topographic Journey into a 21st Century Schizoid land of Prog-Lit!
- Author BiographyMarc Weingarten is the author of The Gang That Wouldn't Write Straight: Wolfe, Didion, Thompson, Capote, and the New Journalism Revolution and Station to Station. His work has appeared in The New York Times, Rolling Stone, Details, The Village Voice, and many others. He is also the co-producer of the documentary God Bless Ozzy Osbourne, as well as television's The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. He plays drums and sings in the band California Wildebeest and lives in Malibu with his wife and two daughters. Tyson Cornell is the founder of Rare Bird Lit, a marketing and publicity firm. He has worked with over ten thousand authors, including John Updike, James Ellroy, Carol Channing, Chuck Palahniuk, John Waters, and many more. He has also toured extensively throughout the United States, Japan, Europe, and the Middle East playing music to audiences big and small. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, the artist Alexandra Infante, and their two children, Solaris and Vesper. Rick Moody is the best-selling author of Garden State, The Ice Storm, The Diviners, On Celestial Music, The Black Veil, Demonology, and others. He lives in New York. Charles Bock is author of the debut novel Beautiful Children was selected by The New York Times as a Notable Book of the Year for 2008, and won the 2009 Sue Kaufman Prize for First Fiction from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. He lives New York with his daughter. Seth Greenland is the Pushcart Prize-nominated author of The Bones, Shining City, and The Angry Buddhist. He is also a writer/producer of the Emmy-nominated HBO series Big Love. He lives with his wife and children in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Marc Weingarten,Tyson Cornell
- PublisherRare Bird Books
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRare Bird Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMarc Weingarten,Tyson Cornell
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.