All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThirty thousand years ago, the preceding ice age in Europe had long submitted to a warming trend. Glaciers receded far to the rth, exposing vast fertile lands. There, tall grass spread endlessly across a flat landscape where mammoths, caribou, bison and many other game animals foraged in large numbers. With the ice age long over, Cro-Magn tribes moved rth into the coastal shores and forests of Europe. After generations of hunting to feed an expanding population, the resources were fast becoming depleted. Forests that were once rich in deer, boar, and horses, took longer to make the kills needed to feed the tribes. Blocked from the Neanderthal tribe's heartland by marshes filled with taboo and high mountain ranges, the Cro-Magn tribe's halted at the natural barriers unable to go any farther. Fiercely aggressive, they are w at war among themselves. Those dangers could easily be left behind, facing the unkwn was t. The marshes are filled with taboo and dangers of their own, stopping the advancing tribes at the very edge of the forests. For, here before them are the swamps, evil spirits and fear--fear that comes in the form of whispered tales told at the night fires by those few bold eugh to have journeyed beyond the swamps, crossed the mountains to the other side and then stepped out onto the flat land beyond. They told of lion prides and hyenas that hunted in packs so large their numbers could t be counted. These, however, were old tales, spoken of by the elders and happened so long ago; their truths had long fallen into doubt among many. Yet...here, among all these tribes, both large and small, one man chose to make that journey, Horse That Runs Too Fast, tribal chief of the Bandu.
- Author BiographyI was eight months old when my mother, due to extreme poverty, had to place my older brother and I into a Catholic institution immediately after World War II. Three years later we were moved to the first of two foster homes. Those were not the best years of our lives. Discipline was harsh, while nurturing and affection, unfortunately, was absent. My brother was ten and I was eight when my father remarried and was finally allowed custody and brought us home. At the time, he owned a house in downtown Brooklyn and fortunately for us it was filled with family members. I have always treasured the pristine, Paleolithic time period of early man. Europe was awash with verdurous growth--the grazing lands, as well stocked as the African Serengeti. As a child, my imagination often carried me into the world of the Neanderthal and the mammoth. Many of my questions were answered at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. I returned to that early interest during a late writing career and after extensive research into Paleoanthropology, delved into the trials of one man, Horse That Runs Too Fast, a Cro-Magnon tribal leader who faces the dangers of a journey into the Neanderthal heartland.
- Author(s)Adrian Del Valle
- Date of Publication16/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $16.42
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.