Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $38.18Trending at AU $44.62
About this product
- DescriptionTo save his true love, a teenage boy teams up with a group of mythical creatures to stop an evil goddess bent on destroying the world in this adventure-filled fantasy vel. Concluding the tale of teen adventurer Kyle Dunlop as chronicled in Draupner's Curse and Giants of Anglesey, Yggdrasil: The World Tree pits Kyle against a wicked goddess and her quest to destroy the World Tree. In a subterranean world beneath our own, the serpent Nidhogg is accidentally set free and begins to gnaw at the roots of the World Tree. Soon the damage it inflicts becomes apparent, and it is only a matter of time before the tree-which sustains all manner of life-is totally destroyed. Helreginn, the goddess of the dead, sees this as an opportunity to expand her kingdom. To ensure the serpent doesn't slip away before the tree's destruction is complete, she orders her evil minions to kidnap several fairy maidens to use as sacrifices to appease the raveus beast. Kyle Dunlop, along with a group of warrior elves and goblins, a dwarf, and a dragon, sets out for distant Eljudnir to rescue the helpless fairies. But as the rescue party faces one life-threatening challenge after ather, Kyle wonders whether he'll ever again see his true love, a captured fairy named Idunn-and whether this world he's come to love will be thrown into evil darkness forever.
- Author(s)C E Smith
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.