All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionYiddish is the native language of approximately 1.8 million people and serves as the second language for about 11 million people world-wide. The language is spoken and written in many Orthodox Jewish communities and is the primary language of many predominantly Hasidic neighbourhoods, where it is commonly taught as a first language and used in schools and social settings. This handy dictionary and phrasebook provides practical vocabulary and pronunciation tools to help students, travellers, or businesspeople communicate when visiting Yiddish communities in Jerusalem, London, New York, and many other major cities around the world. The reference also includes commonly used phrases and expressions to enrich everyday communication and cultivate the reader's kwledge of Ashkenazi Jewish culture. Contains over 3,000 dictionary entries, each with both original Hebrew script and Romanised phonetics, and a brief introduction to the Yiddish language and grammar.
- Author BiographyVera Szabo is a graduate of Columbia University and the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research. She has taught Yiddish at various universities in the U.S. and currently works as a professional translator of Yiddish, Hungarian and English.
- Author(s)Vera Szabo
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- LanguageEnglish & Multiple languages
- SubjectBilingual Dictionaries
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Weight228 g
- Width190 mm
- Height95 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.