All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionAlan Astro has compiled the first anthology of Latin American Yiddish writings translated into English. Included are works of fiction, poetry, and nfiction from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Uruguay, and Cuba, with one brief memoir by a Russian rabbi who arrived in San Antonio, Texas, in 1910. Literature has always served as a refuge for Yiddish speakers, and the Yiddish literature of Latin America reflects the writers' assertions of their political rights. The book features a fascinating assortment of peddlers and moneylenders.
- Author BiographyAlan Astro is a professor in the Modern Languages and Literatures Department, Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas.
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2003
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Weight406 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAlan Astro
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.