Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionExceptions to the rule are always interesting, and the amalies in the stress-strain curves of mild steel and in many other metals and alloys have excited the curiosity of engineers and scientists for well over a hundred years. Yet it is only during the last twenty years that significant theoretical advances have been made, and the aim of this book has been to examine these theories against the background of the considerable volume of experimental results published over the last few years, up to mid-1969. Hence this review volume has a two-fold aim; the first chapter attempts to review the general theories of yield point phemena, using sufficient examples only to illustrate the theories. This chapter is intended to be complete in itself, and could be read by under graduates who wish to appraise rapidly the general background to the problem. The remaining chapters deal, in turn, with the various alloys exhibiting yield point phemena. Thus, chapter 2 on mild steel, is a more extensive study of quench and strain ageing, while Chapter 3 is on the refractory metals and discusses theories of the low-temperature strength. The next concerns hydrogen in meta-Is. Chapters 5 and 6 discuss the face-centred cubic alloys, particularly the cases of the unloading yield point and intermetallic compounds. Chapter 7 covers hexagonal and ionic structures. A brief final chapter considers the areas where further research may be fruitful.
- Author(s)E Hall
- Date of Publication26/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.