All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps one is more qualified to offer a program on the practice of both yoga and chant than Richard Freeman, who lived in India for nearly a decade mastering Sanskrit chant and how it can complement and enrich the practice of yoga. Now he shares the fruits of his intensive study with Yoga Chants, a two-CD instructional program on the authentic meaning, precise pronunciation, and yogic application of traditional Sanskrit chant. Drawing from the Upanishads and other classical yoga texts, Yoga Chants helps listeners invoke the sacred, find deeper meaning and empowerment in their yoga practice, and reach the ultimate goal of all yoga, namely liberation. Through commentary on the literal translation and modern understanding of the chants, and featuring the opportunity to participate in call-and-response chants of several Sanskrit mantras, Yoga Chants presents: Why chant completes yoga practice in a way pose alone canThe science of sacred sound proven physiological effects of chantAncient chants from India for overcoming delusion, cultivating peace and prosperity, awakening insight into the happiness of pure Being, and much more With Yoga Chants, listeners are invited to join world-rewned expert Richard Freeman for a session they can revisit time and again, to bring voice into harmony with body in an ever-deepening experience of realization and freedom.
- Author BiographyRichard FreemanRichard Freeman has studied and lived for nearly nine years in India and Asia, and is an avid student of both Western and Eastern philosophy, as well as Sanskrit. He incorporates various traditions into the Ashtanga Yoga practice taught by his principal teacher, K. Pattabhi Jois of Mysore, India. His background includes Bhakti and traditional Hatha Yoga in India, Sufism in Iran, Zen and Vipassana Buddhist practice, and an in-depth study of Iyengar Yoga. Richard Freeman lives with his family in Boulder, Colorado, where he is the director of the Yoga Workshop.
- Author(s)Richard Freeman
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Out-of-print date31/10/2013
- Weight136 g
- Width146 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Running Time120
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $48.99Trending at AU $55.35
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $45.90Trending at AU $46.34
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.