All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a yoga boom and Sri K Patabhi Jois is at the heart of it. One of the great yoga figures of our time, Jois brought Ashtanga yoga to the West a quarter of a century ago and has been the driving force behind its worldwide dissemination. Based on flowing, energetic movement, Ashtanga and the many forms of vinyasa yoga that grow directly out of it have become the most widespread and influential styles of practice today. Mala means garland in Sanskrit, and YOGA MALA - a garland of yoga practice is Jois's distillation of Ashtanga. Brought into English by Eddie Stern, a student of Jois's for twelve years and director of the Patanjali Yoga Shala in New York City, YOGA MALA will be an indispensable handbook for students and teachers of yoga for years to come.
- Author BiographySri K. Pattabhi Jois, a master of Ashtanga Yoga and a professor of Sanskrit, studied for twenty-five years with T. Krishnamacharya. He passed away in 2009 at the age of ninety-three.
- Author(s)Shri K.Pattabhi Jois
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2002
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date16/10/2012
- Content Note67 duotone photographs
- Weight274 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.