All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOrthopaedic surgeon Ray Long blends modern science and the ancient art of hatha yoga to create an indispensable resource for every yoga practitioner -- from beginners to experts. A scientific approach to understanding the practice of hatha yoga: through full-colour, three-dimensional illustrations of major muscles, tendons, and ligaments, Ray Long describes the correct positioning of hatha yoga poses (asanas) and their benefits. Specific anatomical descriptions highlight which muscles to activate in each pose, bringing the experience of the pose to new sensory heights. A vel approach to learning yoga poses: each of the four mat companions focuses on one type of yoga pose: standing poses, forward bends and hip openers, back bends and twists, and arm balances and inversions. The illustrations and descriptions describe the major movements that enable the poses, how to deepen the posture, and sequences of muscle activation. The concealed wire-bound pages make the books perfect mat resources during practice.
- Author BiographyRay Long, MD FRCSC, is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and the founder of Bandha Yoga. He graduated from The University of Michigan Medical School with postgraduate training at Cornell University, McGill University, The University of Montreal, and Florida Orthopedic Institute. Illustrator Chris Macivor is a graduate of Etobicoke School of the Arts, Sheridan College, and Seneca College. His work has spanned many genres, from TV and film to videogames and underwater videography.
- Author(s)Ray Long
- PublisherIndependent Publisher
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndependent Publisher
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight846 g
- Width230 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Macivor
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.