All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoga is fast becoming an essential performance tool for road cyclists keen to improve flexibility, core strength, balance, breathing efficiency and mental focus. Most cyclists want to ride harder for longer but the unnatural slouched posture and repetitive nature of riding takes its toll on the body. Short, tight hamstrings, hip flexors and quadriceps are easily damaged and, over time, can cause kck-on problems in the lower back or knees. But a cyclist with a supple back, hips and hamstrings will t only be far less prone to overuse injuries than his stiffer training partners. He can also hunker down into aerodynamic positions easily and ride for longer, with more comfort. A cyclist able to breathe slower and deeper will breathe more efficiently and ecomically. A cyclist able to reduce adrenaline and control a scattered mind with concentration techniques will remain calm and focused in the heat of a race. Yoga for Cyclists will be the first title to address all of these areas by adapting yoga techniques specifically for cyclists of all levels, in clear, concise chapters. This is the ideal, -nsense resource, where every stretch, strengthening posture, breathing or recovery technique relates back to its impact on performance.
- Author BiographyLexie Williamson is a British Wheel of Yoga (2008) and Yoga Sports Science (R) (2010) qualified instructor specialising in yoga for runners and cyclists. She teaches a weekly Yoga for Runners and Cyclists class and Yoga for Runners, Cyclists and Triathletes workshops across Surrey. She writes for running and cycling magazines including Runner's World, Triathlete's World, Cycling Active, Cycling Plus and Outdoor Fitness.
- Author(s)Lexie Williamson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Sport
- Content NoteFull colour photographs throughout.
- Weight429 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.