All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with chakra activation charts, images and descriptions of over eight hundred poses, and Sanskrit translation guides, this comprehensive encyclopedia makes the spirituality, practice, and language of yoga more accessible than ever before. Packed with over eight hundred individual poses performed by rewned practitioner Yogrishi Vishvketu, Yogasana: The Encyclopedia of Yoga Poses is the most comprehensive yoga asana guide to date. With poses adapted to every skill level, the encyclopedia is an invaluable resource for both the yoga vice and the studio owner. Nearly a millennium ago, the hatha yoga tradition included over seven hundred thousand yoga poses. Today, only a fraction of those are kwn. Yogi Vishvketu, a lifelong yoga devotee, bridges that gap by connecting modern poses to their ancient roots with an intuitive naming system that fuses past with present. Thorough translation charts which provide pose names in Sanskrit script along with transliterations in Sanskrit and English help practitioners gain an understanding of the relationship between the name and the spiritual significance of each pose. The energetic essence of each asana is unveiled through a detailed chakra chart and graphic indicators depicting the chakras activated by that pose. With poses organized into a logical sequence with roots in the traditional Himalayan system and enhanced by Yogi Vishvketu s decades of practice, this yoga compendium showcases the asanas, the language, and the spiritual path of yoga together in a single, all-inclusive volume.
- Author BiographyYogrishi Vishvketu(Vishva-ji) holds a PhD in yogic science from Gurukula Kangri, the Sanskrit University of Haridwar. Vishva-ji is committed to offering holistic yoga workshops internationally and incorporating diverse aspects of yoga into his practice: asana, pranayama, cleansing kriyas, Ayurveda, and Vedic mantra. He created the Akhanda Yoga system, meaning whole and indivisible. He founded Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram in 2007 in Rishikesh, India, where he lives and teaches six months of the year. Through his life and work, Sri Sri Ravi Shankarhas inspired millions around the world with a vision of a stress-free, violence-free world. He has founded courses that provide techniques to live a deeper, more joyous life, and he has established nonprofit organizations that recognize a common human identity above the boundaries of race, nationality, and religion. He lives in India.
- Author(s)Yogrishi Vishvketu
- PublisherMandala Publishing Group
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMandala Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword bySri Sri Ravi Shankar
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.89Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.